Raw Choc-Mint Cups
For the Chocolate layer…
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Peppermint Layer…
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight: or do a quick soak like I did by boiling water and pouring over your cashews and allow to sit for 30 mins)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 drop of peppermint pure essential oil
- Mix together chocolate layer in a medium bowl.
- Pour ½ choc layer into molds. We used muffin silicon molds.
- Pulse cashews, coconut, milk & coconut oil in food processor until smooth.
- Add spinach and peppermint until leaves are broken down.
- Pour peppermint layer over chocolate layer. Set in freezer for 30-60 minutes,
- Pour remaining choc over peppermint and set in freezer.
Notes about this recipe:
I used a mini muffin tin. The bottom layer of chocolate was fairly soft, so they stuck even with non stick spray. If you have silicone molds, those would work best, or lining your tin with muffin liners would also work.
Recipe by Rachel Morrow - foodmatters.com
I blended the peppermint layer in my vitamix instead of a food processor, and received a very smooth consistency.