- 2 tablespoons oil (I use avocado oil but you can use any type)
- 1 cup dry long-grain white rice
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 large piece of onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves.
- 2 teaspoons Better than Bouillon vegetable flavor base
- In a blender, blend the tomato sauce, onion and garlic together.
- Heat oil in a 5 quart saute pan over medium-high heat. Add rice. Cook rice, stirring constantly, for several minutes, until rice begins to turn a golden color.
- Reduce heat to low to avoid spattering. Gently pour in tomato mixture from blender and warm water, mix. Add Better than Bouillon vegetable flavor base and salt to taste. Turn heat back up to medium-high, bring to a boil, then reduce to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed.
- Turn off heat, fluff rice then let sit, covered, for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Rosa Elena Little