Vegan Sausage Soup
One package defrosted Beyond Sausages (4large) or similar substitute
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
6 cups vegetable broth
1-28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 cups chopped potatoes
2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 Bay leaf
1 cup Penne (or pasta of choice)
3 cups baby spinach chopped
1. Cut sausages into bite size pieces and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large pot on medium heat, then add onions and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
3. Add sausages and continue cooking until onions are translucent.
4. Add rest of the ingredients except penne and baby spinach.
5. Bring to a boil and add penne. Cook until pasta and potatoes are done. You can add more broth as needed if soup becomes too thick.
6. Stir in chopped spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.